The sixth meeting of the Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds’ partners group of experts (ESIF SD)
on 28th March 2017.
– Welcome address
Commissioner Corina Creţu
– How to better communicate on the impact of European Structural and Investment funds?
Ms Dana Spinant, Director for Budget, Communication and General Affairs, DG REGIO
– Implementation of the partnership principle (Update on the activities of the Thematic Network on Partnership)
Ms Marie-Anne Paraskevas, Policy Officer, DG EMPL
– Perspectives for the agricultural and rural policy,
Mr Jerzy Bogdan Plewa, Director General, DG AGRI
– An assessment of ex-ante conditionalities
Mr Charlie Grant, Head of the Better Implementation unit, DG REGIO
– Improving the performance of lagging regions
Mr Blazej Gorgol, Policy Analyst, Unit for policy development and economic analysis, DG REGIO
The agenda, presentations and minutes from this meeting are available here.
Who are the Structured Dialogue members?
The members of the Structured Dialogue include umbrella organisations at EU level. They include:
- associations representing regional, local, urban and other public authorities,
- economic and social partners,
- bodies representing civil society, such as environmental partners, non-governmental organisations, and bodies responsible for promoting social inclusion, gender equality and non-discrimination).
All members of the Structured Dialogue must be registered in the Commission’s transparency register.
The complete list of members is available on the Register of Commission Expert Groups, along with other relevant information.
ESIF Structured Dialogue Group of Experts Rules of procedure.
Objectives and transparency
The mission of the Structured Dialogue group of experts is to establish an open, frank and informal dialogue with partners working in the field of the EU Structural Funds. The Structured Dialogue is a mutual trust building mechanism in order to bring the Funds closer to civil society, assist the Commission in the development of this policy in the different areas of expertise and to discuss the implementation of the Funds.
On the basis of Article 5(6) of the Common Provision Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013, the Commission set up an expert group with partners at EU level in the field of the European Structural and Investment Funds, for the programming period 2014-2020.
The “Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds’ partners group of experts” was formally established through Commission Decision C(2014) 4175 of 26 June 2014 .