The sixth meeting of the Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds’ partners group of experts (ESIF SD)
on 28th March 2017.
The meeting will take place in Brussels, in the European Commission’s Conference Centre Albert Borschette from 9:30 to 17:30.
Items on the Agenda include:
- An exchange of views with Corina Creţu, Commissioner for Regional Policy.
- How to better communicate the impact of the European Structural and Investment Funds?
- Implementation of the partnership principle including an update on the activities of the Thematic Network on Partnership and feedback from the Structured Dialogue members.
- Perspectives for agricultural and rural policy with Jerzy Bogdan Plewa, Director General DG Agriculture
- An assessment of the ex-ante conditionalities
- Improving the performance of lagging regions
Who are the Structured Dialogue members?
The members of the Structured Dialogue include umbrella organisations at EU level. They include:
- associations representing regional, local, urban and other public authorities,
- economic and social partners,
- bodies representing civil society, such as environmental partners, non-governmental organisations, and bodies responsible for promoting social inclusion, gender equality and non-discrimination).
All members of the Structured Dialogue must be registered in the Commission’s transparency register.
The complete list of members is available on the Register of Commission Expert Groups, along with other relevant information.
ESIF Structured Dialogue Group of Experts Rules of procedure.
Objectives and transparency
The mission of the Structured Dialogue group of experts is to establish an open, frank and informal dialogue with partners working in the field of the EU Structural Funds. The Structured Dialogue is a mutual trust building mechanism in order to bring the Funds closer to civil society, assist the Commission in the development of this policy in the different areas of expertise and to discuss the implementation of the Funds.
On the basis of Article 5(6) of the Common Provision Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013, the Commission set up an expert group with partners at EU level in the field of the European Structural and Investment Funds, for the programming period 2014-2020.
The “Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds’ partners group of experts” was formally established through Commission Decision C(2014) 4175 of 26 June 2014 .