The High Level Group on Monitoring Simplification for Beneficiaries of the European Structural and Investment Funds (HLG) will hold its Tenth meeting on 11th July 2017 on its final conclusions and recommendations for the post 2020 framework.
There will be two main sessions including:
- Panel debate with EU Institutions and stakeholders on HLG’s work on post 2020 (incl. presentations on key issues for simplification for post 2020 from the perspective of the group)
- Debriefing from the Cohesion Forum and meeting with European Parliament Committee on Regional Development and HLG internal discussion on the work plan for the upcoming meetings
Have YOUR Say via the Simplify ESIF platform.
Background of the High Level Group
By decision of 10 July 2015 (C(2015) 4806 ), the Commission has set up a High Level Group of Independent Experts on Monitoring Simplification for Beneficiaries of the European Structural and Investment Funds. The task of the group of experts is to advise the Commission with regard to simplification and reduction of administrative burden for beneficiaries of the European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds. In particular the group will:
- Assess the uptake of simplification opportunities by Member States including Member States’ commitments to reduce the administrative burden for beneficiaries as set out in their partnership agreements covering the ESI Funds for 2014-2020, taking into account the specificities of the different ESI Funds.
- Analyse the implementation of simplification opportunities in Member States and regions, taking account of a study on the use of new provisions on simplification during the early implementation phase of the European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds and their impact on administrative burden and costs;
- Identify good practice in matters concerning the reduction of administrative burden on beneficiaries; and,
- Make recommendations to improve the uptake of simplification measures for 2014-2020, in particular in view of its mid-term review in 2016, and on the way forward for the post-2020 regulatory framework for ESI Funds.
For any further information please contact M. Krzysztof Kasprzyk, Telephone: (+32-2) 2963255, e-mail: REGIO-HLG-SIMPLIFICATION@ec.europa.eu